New Runinuae AmiUpdate errors.

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
amigasociety

New Runinuae AmiUpdate errors.

Post by amigasociety »

Tonight my AmiUpdate saw 2 updates. One Runinuae and the other a sysmon.

I did both of them.

The Runinuae gave me some errors I want to make sure are OK.

First error said I already had runinuae and do I want to keep my existing or replace. Not sure I just kept existing.

It then had these various files it kept asking if I wanted replaced or not and the text message said say YES if I was not sure, so that is what I did, clicked YES on all the rest.

I reboot after this AmiUpdate and re-ran AmiUpdate and now it no longer sees this Runinuae as needed so I am guessing all is OK but, not 100% sure.

So was I supposed to have it replace out and not keep existing on that first error or?

Going into System Rollback it does not even see I updated Runinuae today so I can't rollback to anything.

TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: New Runinuae AmiUpdate errors.

Post by ChrisH »

amigasociety wrote:So was I supposed to have it replace out and not keep existing on that first error or?
As a general rule, yes you should let it replace those files, which is why it says to say yes :-) . It only really asks those questions so that Power Users don't accidentally loose any custom settings they may have made.

As far as I can tell from your post, you are not actually having any problems nor errors with RunInUAE. You were just worried about whether you did the right thing?

P.S. Even if I had added RunInUAE to AmiUpdate's RollBack system, it would only have rolled-back the main executable(s), but not any of the data files (which means none of the changes you were worried about would be reverted). I think that applies to rolling back most other programs too. FWIW, AmiSystemRestore would have allowed you to revert everything (but only if it was installed on the main SYS: partition, which is the default for RunInUAE).