A-EON Website registration

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.

Re: A-EON Website registration

Postby Christopher Follett » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:28 pm

LOL.

I was talking about my own private email. My AmigaKit email gets spammed to hell daily.
I recently setup client to deal with it, makes it easier. It took over 8 hours on my 50mbit connection to download all emails. Bet they capped my speed for that abuse, ;).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

http://www.ultimateamiga.co.uk (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)
__________________
Customer Help & Support: http://www.amigakit.com/help

http://www.amigakit.com - the Amiga store

New Products
User avatar
Christopher Follett
AmigaKit
AmigaKit
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:56 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: A-EON Website registration

Postby ChrisH » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Christopher Follett wrote:I have found that my ISP auto filters emails and does'nt show them in my email client.
I have login to the web interface to see them, after 10 years, you can imagine all lost emails I have missed.

I suggesting using GMail instead of an ISP. While it suffers from the same problem that you mention, it's spam filtering is SOOOO much better than anything else I've ever tried, so the actual spam-false-positive problem should be much reduced.

Spam-filtering is the main reason why I use GMail! Although I have an extra reason now that I use an Android phone...

BTW, you can tell GMail filters to never send some emails to the Spam folder. I suspect this means you can tell it to never send any emails to the Spam folder, and then you could probably tell your email client to examine the email headers for Google's spam rating (although I never tried doind this myself).
User avatar
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: A-EON Website registration

Postby musa » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:16 pm

ChrisH wrote:I suggesting using GMail instead of an ISP. While it suffers from the same problem that you mention, it's spam filtering is SOOOO much better than anything else I've ever tried, so the actual spam-false-positive problem should be much reduced.

Spam-filtering is the main reason why I use GMail! Although I have an extra reason now that I use an Android phone...

BTW, you can tell GMail filters to never send some emails to the Spam folder. I suspect this means you can tell it to never send any emails to the Spam folder, and then you could probably tell your email client to examine the email headers for Google's spam rating (although I never tried doind this myself).

Hi
I agree that gmail work well :) I'm using gmail myself, but it was in my gmail spam folder I found the missing mail from A-EON. It is not easy to get 100% security. I usually look in the spam folder when I missing a answers to a mail but this time I forgot it. :)
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
User avatar
musa
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: A-EON Website registration

Postby gerograph » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:20 pm

@AmigaKit
I checked everything, via mail webinterface including spam folder etc. my registration mail did not arrive !
My real name is: Gero Birkenfeld, could you check please ?
User avatar
gerograph
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:24 am
Location: Moers

Re: A-EON Website registration

Postby ChrisH » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:20 am

musa wrote:I'm using gmail myself, but it was in my gmail spam folder I found the missing mail from A-EON.

I searched my Spam folder, and found my registration! While I regularly check my Spam folder, somehow my regular cursory glance missed it before.

Yes, GMail is not perfect (just way better than anything else I tried). I think one reason it works so well is that when it gets it wrong it has millions of users to tell it is wrong.
User avatar
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: A-EON Website registration

Postby mechanic » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:31 pm

I give up.

I don't even know if the info is being sent to the registration site by my browsers.

Help!
A-Eon A1X1000 ATI HD6850, Creative SB1570 PCIe, RTL8139 net PCI.
User avatar
mechanic
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: A-EON Website registration

Postby ChrisH » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:31 pm

@mbrantley
For whatever reason it can be difficult to log in at the A-Eon site even with the correct username and password. I tried multiple browsers and operating systems even, typing the info in, pasting it in, etc. until I finally got in

I am NOT able to log-in to the support section of a-eon.com using MUI-OWB, NetSurf, nor Timberwolf RC1. :-(
User avatar
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: A-EON Website registration

Postby daz » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:39 pm

ChrisH wrote:@mbrantley
For whatever reason it can be difficult to log in at the A-Eon site even with the correct username and password. I tried multiple browsers and operating systems even, typing the info in, pasting it in, etc. until I finally got in

I am NOT able to log-in to the support section of a-eon.com using MUI-OWB, NetSurf, nor Timberwolf RC1. :-(


There are two ways... If you use the top menu with links to indvidual files you'll get a login page, which I can't seem to get to work.

However if you use the Support -> User Login at the bottom you'll get a requester which DOES work, and will take you to a download page.

Hope this helps.
Darren
daz
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Re: A-EON Website registration

Postby Simon » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:52 am

Another week has passed and I still haven't heard anything from A-Eon regarding my registration request.

I don't know if the requests I made have been received, even though the web site said they had been on both occasions. I'm wondering if there has been a problem somewhere.

Can anybody here help :?:
AmigaOne XE-G4 @933Mhz / 1 GB Ram / Radeon 9000 128 MB / AmigaOS 4.1
AmigaOne X1000 First Contact / 2 GB Ram / Radeon 4650 1 GB / M-Audio Revo 5.1 / AmigaOS 4.1
User avatar
Simon
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:46 pm

Re: A-EON Website registration

Postby ChrisH » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:50 am

daz wrote:However if you use the Support -> User Login at the bottom you'll get a requester which DOES work, and will take you to a download page.

I was definitely trying that method, and it was failing... but today I tried it (MUI-OWB remembered the username & password I was trying before), and this time it DID work!

So it seems that either (1) the server has intermittent problems verifying correct usernames/passwords, or (2) someone has now fixed the server. We will have to see!
User avatar
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Platform: AmigaOne X1000

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests