SAM460EX and gdb

Have a question about our Software Developer Kit? Ask them here.
pioneer

SAM460EX and gdb

Post by pioneer »

My computer is a SAM460EX. I'm using the latest SDK with OS4.1.4 with Cubic IDE. I'm working on a rather large project. I have an almost identical setup on my microA1. What happens is when I use gdb to debug it and set a breakpoint, it will stop at the first breakpoint, but will ignore any additional breakpoints. I haven't had my SAM long and so haven't tried debugging before. My micro behaves normally, stopping at breakpoints when it comes to them. I'm wondering if anyone has run into this before. The project is written in c++.
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: SAM460EX and gdb

Post by kas1e »

That problem already reported. There is few quirks with GDB in terms of breakpoints / stepping over them (like continue/next/step reacts not as expected), and these problems happens differently on different machines. I report bunch of bugs in GDB lately , and that one which you descibe are in bugzilla already.
JosDuchIt

Post by JosDuchIt »

Can we have some progress report about this ?
The problem still exists under update 6

Debugging without a usable symbolic debugger is hell.
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

JosDuchIt wrote:Can we have some progress report about this ?
Nobody is working on it.

All the source code is public (adtools) so feel free to contribute if you are able.

There is also the db101 project which Alfkil is working on. You might want to try that route.
ExecSG Team Lead