Serial device: set DTR and RTS status bits

This forum is for general developer support questions.
softwarefailure

Serial device: set DTR and RTS status bits

Post by softwarefailure »

So I can query the states of the DTR and RTS status bits using SDCMD_QUERY on serial.device but is it also possible to set/clear the states of those bits? I don't see anything in RKRM or autodocs... anyone on here who can tell more? Tks & merry Xmas!
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Serial device: set DTR and RTS status bits

Post by tonyw »

Which serial device are you asking about? The old 68K version or the new PPC all-platform version?

I am assuming you mean the current PPC version. It is a rewritten version of the old 68K driver, with support for multiple hardware devices. Each instance of the driver switches code according to lookup tables for the detected device.

Most of the PPC platforms do not have the full set of modem control lines implemented. Only the old AmigaOne XE has both DTR/DSR and RTS/CTS implemented. The Pegasos and Cyrus (X50x0) have RTS/CTS only, all other platforms have none. Plugin PCI cards may have different combinations and are uniquely listed.

In no case is direct user control of the modem signals offered. In those machines where DTR/RTS are implemented, DTR and RTS are asserted when a transmit request is queued. DTR and RTS are cleared at the end of the transmission.
cheers
tony