IDCMP_DISKINSERTED

This forum is for general developer support questions.
thomasrapp

Re: IDCMP_DISKINSERTED

Post by thomasrapp »

If it was a hardware problem, it would happen in OS 3, too. It doesn't.

And WinUAE waits at least 3 seconds between removal and insertion when swapping ADFs. This surely is not a "very short time".
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

I'm trying to ascertain whether it's a problem of the old 68K Paula floppy driver on the Classic version of OS4 (which is most unlikely to be changed), or the PPC a1floppy.device on the XE (which would be my responsibility).
cheers
tony
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by salass00 »

tonyw wrote:I'm trying to ascertain whether it's a problem of the old 68K Paula floppy driver on the Classic version of OS4 (which is most unlikely to be changed), or the PPC a1floppy.device on the XE (which would be my responsibility).
I'm pretty sure the IDCMP_DISKREMOVED and IDCMP_DISKINSERTED events are triggered by the IECLASS_DISKREMOVED and IECLASS_DISKINSERTED events which in turn are caused by the filesystem which for floppies would be FastFileSystem.
xenic

Post by xenic »

salass00 wrote: I'm pretty sure the IDCMP_DISKREMOVED and IDCMP_DISKINSERTED events are triggered by the IECLASS_DISKREMOVED and IECLASS_DISKINSERTED events which in turn are caused by the filesystem which for floppies would be FastFileSystem.
Wasn't the CrossDOSFileSystem originally designed for floppies. If a FAT formatted floppy causes the same problem then either the same problem exists in both filesystems or neither. It seems like you could rule out the filesystems by inserting an unformatted floppy.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE