howto scan unscanned PCI tree

This forum is for general developer support questions.
billt

howto scan unscanned PCI tree

Post by billt »

I'd like to know if one can make a driver such as for a PCI to PCI-Express bridge to scan and enumerate the opposite side, configure any newly discovered devices with base address etc., and then add these newly discovered devices back into the AmigaOS device tree and trigger a driver for each.

The idea is for AmigaOne XE, SE, and MicroA1 motherboards, where uboot does not scan past a bridge, leaving devices on the other side unknown to the OS.

As I'd like to tinker with some PCI-Express devices via a bridge such as this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008BZ ... UTF8&psc=1

While I intend to also tinker with uboot to improve things there and get a fully populated device tree into the OS, that would for some time be a Linux-only thing until I have something good enough for Hyperion to bless it with the OS4 special-sauce.

I'd really like this to be a bridge driver and not have every driver include everything duplicitously for scanning a bridge in every driver I attempt to work on, particularly as I'm not sure that would makes sense if someone with a Sam460 or X1000 then tries to use it... Then once uboot is improved and working with OS4, the same device driver would work without this potential OS4 bridge driver going first to rescan everything after uboot was finished.