Aone 500 freezing

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
Joeled

Aone 500 freezing

Post by Joeled »

Ok i have a big problem with my Aone 500 freezing after 1-3 hours. Like everyone else i have os4.1.4 installed but i have played around alot. I installed samba(for idiots) and added latest samba fs. Everything is working really great but smts it feels like smtg in the background is working really hard. If i try to delete a file from workbench it takes 20 seconds before i get a meny to delete it. This doesnt happend all the time so i m thinking maybe samba is working overtime? I started snoopy and its going crazy. After 1 min its so slow i cant do anything than just see what it reports.

What do you think?
Joeled

Re: Aone 500 freezing

Post by Joeled »

Ok heard from a friend that there is a bug in samba thats eating all memory.
you should remove the line samba:bin/nmbd under sys:prefs:internet/servers
cha05e90

Post by cha05e90 »

Joeled wrote:Ok heard from a friend that there is a bug in samba thats eating all memory.
you should remove the line samba:bin/nmbd under sys:prefs:internet/servers
I have the same Samba version running on my A2000's, SAM440ep and Pegasos II for *years* now without any problem. There should be no need to remove the nmbd from the services list in Roadshow. It looks more like a configuration mismatch. Did you try to run Snoopy while the machine get's slower and "is working really hard"? This may give a hint on what's going on in the backround.

One tip: If you by accident misconfigured your Samba setup to have the same machine/netbios name as another machine in your local network, *then* nmbd goes mad and writes tons of error info into the log file at "Samba:log/nmbd.log". You might check that file - it can grow to several gigabytes...
X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Joeled

Post by Joeled »

@cha05e90
It was kind of impossible to use snoopy when nmbd was active. I use static ip-adresses so its not abt that. I removed that line and now snoppy isnt working that hard and i m still able to connect to my nsa210. Well, maybe i did smtg wrong but i followed samba idiot´s guide :-D

Now another problem and thats how i can start blender? I get a error "couldnt create minigl context". Tried a demo from os4-depot ASG and i get could not create an opengl context. Using radeon 4650 with resolution 1680*1050 ARG. I have minigl.library 2.5 in my sys:libs
cha05e90

Post by cha05e90 »

Joeled wrote:@cha05e90
It was kind of impossible to use snoopy when nmbd was active. I use static ip-adresses so its not abt that. I removed that line and now snoppy isnt working that hard and i m still able to connect to my nsa210. Well, maybe i did smtg wrong but i followed samba idiot´s guide :-D

Now another problem and thats how i can start blender? I get a error "couldnt create minigl context". Tried a demo from os4-depot ASG and i get could not create an opengl context. Using radeon 4650 with resolution 1680*1050 ARG. I have minigl.library 2.5 in my sys:libs
If you only want to connect your SAM to the nas you can completely deactivate/deinstall Samba. You do not need it - you *only* need SMBFS!

AFAIK Blender needs to be restricted to a 16Bit screen and can't be used in every resolution. It might even be possible that you need to install some software based warp3d.library replacement to use Blender (AFAIK minigl relies on Warp3D). Maybe broadblues, the porter of Blender, might give you an more educated hint how to start Blender.
Joeled

Post by Joeled »

@@cha05e90
Ok, how do i deactive it? Under prefs:internet and servers i have two lines
Netbios-ssn
swat

Can you tell me exactly what to do? I only need to connect to my nsa210 bec i have all my stuff there. Is there any tool that can save info for me when my aone 500 freezes after a copule of hours? Snoopy only works as long as the computer is active.
Joeled

Post by Joeled »

I disabled screenblanker and now the system has been up 10 hours without freezing?
cha05e90

Post by cha05e90 »

Joeled wrote:@@cha05e90
Ok, how do i deactive it? Under prefs:internet and servers i have two lines
Netbios-ssn
swat

Can you tell me exactly what to do? I only need to connect to my nsa210 bec i have all my stuff there. Is there any tool that can save info for me when my aone 500 freezes after a copule of hours? Snoopy only works as long as the computer is active.
If you don't want to completely deinstall Samba, deactivationg all Samba entries under Internet/Servers should be sufficient. See link: http://www.ruthe.info/wp-content/upload ... samba4.jpg. You'll see the "Active" column, go into each entry, set it to "Inactive" and all entries should read "No" in the "Active" column, that's it.
Regarding the info - *if* (and only *if*) you're able to do a warm reboot after that freeze, then you might be able to catch a debug log by typing "dumpdebugbuffer" in a shell. If you need to cold restart, this doesn't work.