Booting my new AmigaOne 500

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
Joeled

Booting my new AmigaOne 500

Post by Joeled »

Hi everyone!

I just got my new AO500 home and what i understand everything is installed and i just have to start my amiga. Everything is loading fine but after bootpic i just come to a grey picture.
Amiga Operating System Release 4.1 Update 4
1- AmigaOS4:>

What am i suppose to do?
Joeled

Re: Booting my new AmigaOne 500

Post by Joeled »

Okay i solved it now. I m using a wireless keyboard and mouse. If its connected when i m booting it doesnt load workbench. If i boot without it its working and a beautiful workbench appears. NOW, if i insert the usb-reciever again both keyboard and mouse is working :-) If i can get this to work when i m booting it would be great!!

ACE TX760 Multimedia keyboard
http://www.ggsdata.se/index.php?page=PC/tx760.php
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

Try booting from the OS4.1 install CD with the Mouse and Keyboard plugged in.
Sams had some problems with keyboards.Mice and Hubs after update 3.
If this works ok it will eliminate other issues .
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
Joeled

Post by Joeled »

No, it didnt solve anything. I hope there is an update for this issue in the future.
Spectre660 wrote:Try booting from the OS4.1 install CD with the Mouse and Keyboard plugged in.
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

Have you tried the other USB ports. Also another Keyboard and mouse if possible ? .
If this pair did not work with a boot from the update 2 CD OS Install then its uphill for update 3 and 4 .
The other suggestion is to check the load on your power supply by testing it with an extra hard drive connected.
m3x from Acube has said that many SAm460 USB problems are caused by the power supply not having enough load .
Joeled wrote:No, it didnt solve anything. I hope there is an update for this issue in the future.
Spectre660 wrote:Try booting from the OS4.1 install CD with the Mouse and Keyboard plugged in.
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
Joeled

Post by Joeled »

I m only using one usb-port to connect my wireless keyboard and mouse. Its abit annoying that everything is working fine if i connect it after wb is done.
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

I would be interested to see a usb.log file.

Could you cold boot with the wireless M&K plugged in, and then remove and replug to get it working
and post the log here ?

PS Use the 'hidden' function for the log post. Just highlight the log part of the post and click hidden.
A-Eon A1X1000 ATI HD6850, Creative SB1570 PCIe, RTL8139 net PCI.
Joeled

Post by Joeled »

mechanic wrote:I would be interested to see a usb.log file.
Hard too see any usb.log file. I took this pic to show you how it looks. I connect usb and keyboard after this and write loadwb. Then i can pull down this greybox and see workbench. There is no usb.log file under t: in ram:
Attachments
CameraZOOM-20120317205441767.jpg
CameraZOOM-20120317205441767.jpg (64.44 KiB) Viewed 9019 times
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

I m using a wireless keyboard and mouse. If its connected when i m booting it doesn't load workbench.
If i boot without it its working and a beautiful workbench appears. NOW, if i insert the usb-receiver
again both keyboard and mouse is working.
My first thought is 'How the h___ is it doing that'.

From the picture it looks like the computer is booting using Boot_without_Startup-Sequence.

Hardware? Software? Communications?

Communications.

Try moving the the M&K or computer to where it is almost Line-of-sight to the USB receiver
for those units.

Low or a single bad battery in the mouse or keyboard can cause erroneous communications.

Generally there is only one transmitter for the mouse & keyboard. If yours has a on-off switch
try turning it off and booting, or remove the batteries. If that makes no difference then the
problem may be the receiver is not being recognized properly.

If the transmitter is in the mouse you could remove the batteries for the keyboard and see what
happens.

Software. Make sure you have a second boot source before messing around.

There are two different sets of drivers for the mouse and keyboard. Since you say they work fine
after workbench is fully loaded and then plug in the receiver that would leave the boot drivers.
In the Kicklayout file you can 'comment out' the Bootmouse and/or Bootkeyboard modules to test this.
Doing this however will deny you access to the Early Start menu, which your probably not using at this time anyway.

The second set of drivers take over control when startup reaches the line 'USBctrl START' in your
S:Startup-sequence. These are the drivers that are active when plugging USB stuff in after workbench
is loaded. USBctrl also starts the logging and why explains you don't have one,,,,because it's not
getting to that command line.

Hardware.

You can try different USB ports or plug the receiver into a hub. Hubs are not recognized until
USBctrl START.

See what happens with other mouse and keyboard combos.

I need coffee.
A-Eon A1X1000 ATI HD6850, Creative SB1570 PCIe, RTL8139 net PCI.
K-L

Post by K-L »

I can experience the same behaviour with an USB key connected to my AmigaOne XE or my Sam440. When connected before boot, I get the same screen.
--
AmigaONE X1000 / Radeon 2400 Pro (R610LE) / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Samm440ep/733Mhs (o/c) / Radeon M9 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition