USB mouse/kb troubles on sam460

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
Belxjander

Re: USB mouse/kb troubles on sam460

Post by Belxjander »

quite simple really... basic "update 1 CD" installation followed by unpacking the archive for the next installer and watching the grim reaper appear each time I tried to run it...

after a half dozen attempts with THAT setup (2nd partition of two system installs) I threw the installer aside and looked at the archived content directly and went through and updated file by file by hand using Disk Master II

I also managed to get DirectoryOpus 5.5 Magellan partially working... but the "dopus_lister" process continiously hammers the reaper as well.

there isn't really anything about it to report but I still have a whole collection of CrashLogs under SDK:CrashLogs/ for the majority of crashes...

the only thing I will likely put on these forums is a query about the SObjs which according to the ListDyndeps tool by SSolie appear to be completely sane at least
which puzzles me even more.

I'll open a proper thread and document everything I have done when I have the time to do so AND an Internet connection... for now I am documenting what I can locally on disk and making a whole bundle of crash log storage from the GrimReaper for sending off in bundles to the developers concerned with the apps in question once I have a new Internet connection here in Japan.

I can report the BSKBW## series of Wireless Keyboards and Mice will work quite happily with AmigaOS 4.x using the existing drivers...
the only quirk will be the requirement of the Japanese Keymap (and only one typeable key won't work currently) which is in the Perception-IME and "Language Drivers" repositories on code.google.com + OpenAmiga.org respectively

Other than the threads I have opened... I have not run into any major issues that weren't expected really (I am somewhat of an experimenter as it is...)

Hopefully I will have something better to report when I get online next
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

Just so we know about the condition of your CD media and CD/DVD drive, two questions :

DId you download and burn the Update 1 CD yourself or did it come with you computer ?
Also are you using an new or used CD/DVD drive in your system.
Belxjander wrote:quite simple really... basic "update 1 CD" installation followed by unpacking the archive for the next installer and watching the grim reaper appear each time I tried to run it...
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Also, describe your system; what disk setup you have etc., and what filesystem is on the partition you tried to update.

And about the CD you burned (if you did so yourself); it isn't a CDRW by any chance? Those have been found to be unreliable for this particular purpose in the past, so make sure you have installed from a real CD-R.

Best regards,

Niels
xenic

Post by xenic »

Belxjander wrote: I also managed to get DirectoryOpus 5.5 Magellan partially working... but the "dopus_lister" process continiously hammers the reaper as well.
Neither DirectoryOpus 5 or 5.5 Magellan ever worked for me on OS4 or OS4.1. I don't think it works for others either. Maybe it would work with the new UAE emulation included with Update 4. I've gotten used to using the OS4 PPC Dopus4 and don't really miss Magellan any more.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
Belxjander

Post by Belxjander »

Spectre660 wrote:Just so we know about the condition of your CD media and CD/DVD drive, two questions :

DId you download and burn the Update 1 CD yourself or did it come with you computer ?
Also are you using an new or used CD/DVD drive in your system.
Belxjander wrote:quite simple really... basic "update 1 CD" installation followed by unpacking the archive for the next installer and watching the grim reaper appear each time I tried to run it...
1 CD that was CD-R media I burnt myself followed with trying from the Disc which came with the board itself (both disks failed the next update)

I'm going to split this into its own thread... to stop hijacking this one