Problem after install wb 3.1.4 on ACA500+

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.

Problem after install wb 3.1.4 on ACA500+

Postby lazerus » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:53 pm

Hi Everybody,
I need help!. The install of wb 3.1.4 went without a hitch, booted the install disk, created 3 partitions on my 32gb CF card, rebooted, formated the 3 partitions and named them.
Then I rebooted. I end up in a CLI window with the following information:.scsi.device version 52 already resident.loading scsi.device failed: object already exists.
C: LoadModule failed return code 10.
I`m lost. Just getting back into the Amiga After nearly 25 years. Cant remember jack shit!. Cli commands etc. I cant get it set up with anything till it boots up.
I`d need a blow by blow, command by command bit of help.
Cheers
One strange thing tho is that it asked for the a600 modules disk, not the a500 modules disk?

Hardware: ACA500 plus, ACA1233n, RTC Module, X-surf 500
lazerus

Re: Problem after install wb 3.1.4 on ACA500+

Postby Mark Sealey » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:51 pm

did you sort this issue out...?
Mark Sealey

Postby lazerus » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:18 pm

Hi Mark,
Unfortunately not at the moment. Feel really stupid. I have forgotten so much over the years. I assume that I need to edit the startup-sequence to prevent the load instruction for the second scsi.device. But at a loss as to how to display the contents (Script) of instructions, CLI Command, so that I can edit it.

Mark Sealey wrote:did you sort this issue out...?
lazerus

Re: FIXED!!Problem after install wb 3.1.4 on ACA500+

Postby lazerus » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi All, I fixed it, with a bit of help from Steve at Amiga passion. Many thanks Steve

lazerus wrote:Hi Mark,
Unfortunately not at the moment. Feel really stupid. I have forgotten so much over the years. I assume that I need to edit the startup-sequence to prevent the load instruction for the second scsi.device. But at a loss as to how to display the contents (Script) of instructions, CLI Command, so that I can edit it.

Mark Sealey wrote:did you sort this issue out...?
lazerus

Postby nbache » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:18 am

@lazerus:

Please give a short explaination of what the solution was, for the sake of some future user with a similar problem who finds this thread.

Best regards,

Niels
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Desription of solution to Problem l wb 3.1.4 on ACA500+

Postby lazerus » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:14 am

Hi All,
Well my problem was that I could not see the actual script in the startup-sequence, in order to edit it. With some great help from Steve From Amiga Passion, I did finally get to see the content. But having gotten in, I did not find what I was expecting (Some reference to "scsi.device"). So now that I could see the contents of and move around various directories, I found in devs a sub folder named A600, and it had a single file inside it called "scsi.device", my rather bodged solution, was to rename this file as "scsi.old. A quick reboot and all was well. there was probably something in the startup-sequence script that loaded the first device driver , and then ran a second reference to the devs folder, which triggered the attempt to load the driver for a second time, there by causing the error.
I hope this is of help to someone
Cheers
nbache wrote:@lazerus

Please give a short explaination of what the solution was, for the sake of some future user with a similar problem who finds this thread.

Best regards,

Niels
lazerus

Return to Platform: Classic