OS 3.1.4 has missing Workbench features

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
Ned

OS 3.1.4 has missing Workbench features

Post by Ned »

I ordered OS 3.1.4 for an A4000 and have it running to some degree on my Raspberry Pi. When it comes up, if I do an About,
it shows that I have Kickstart verison 46.143 and Workbench version 45.194 which I guess are correct. My problem is that from
Workbench some things do not work. That is when I do a right click on Window all of the selections are ghosted except Select
Contents, Clean Up By, and Snapshot. And when I select a drawer and do a right click on Icons all of the selections are ghosted
except Leave Out, Put Away, Delete, and Empty Trash. In particular, I find it strange that a right click on Window shows that the
Find gadget is ghosted and I really love that thing. This seems to me to indicate that some things are missing. After doing the
install, I did copy a 68040.library to my new libs: folder. But is there anything else that I need to do that I have missed?
MMikhail
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: OS 3.1.4 has missing Workbench features

Post by MMikhail »

Yes, you have some extensions missing, like the FIND tool that are not part of 3.1.x.
Try to add BestWB package (a collection of free tools) that adds some nice features to the basic OS install.
A1260T/BPPC/BVPPC/128MB/CNET/SCSI/HDD/CDRW/DVD/HPLJ4P/HPSJ6 (AMiGA)