Updates do not work properly

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Amiguy

Updates do not work properly

Post by Amiguy »

Hi,

I just reinstall AmigaOS 4.1 FE on a new SSD from my AmigaOne X5000. The versions of the files are therefore not up to date. When I run AmiUpdate, I did well to update MUI, but nothing else. I do not see Updater in particular. On the other hand, when I restart with my old disk, the Updater works fine, but AmiUpdate informs me that the connection with the server is not established.

When I read the log on RAM Disk (attaching not permitted...), I see that the connection for http://www.amiupdate.net failed. The connection to update.amigaos.net works fine.

Is there a problem with the AmiUpdate server?
Amiga 1200 2Mb Chip - PiStorm32 lite - CF 128Gb - Indivision MK3 - GOEX Drive - WB 3.2.2.1
AmigaOne X5000 2Ghz / 8Gb Ram - SSD 2x4Tb - Radeon RX 580 4Gb - Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 SBX - AmigaOS4.1 FE
Petrol
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Updates do not work properly

Post by Petrol »

Hi,

Try amiupdate.codebench.co.uk instead of!

Regards,
Petrol.
Amiguy

Post by Amiguy »

Hi Petrol,

After adding the codebench server address, I was able to update Amiupdate (v2.45 actually downloaded and installed), but since then nothing is going right. It seemed to me that the French translation was defective. So I added the os4depot catalog, which did not help. The text seems to be out of sync and AmiUpdate's operation is not the same as on my original disk.

Should AmiUpdate login settings be the same as the site settings? Is it AmiUpdate which installs Updater?
Amiga 1200 2Mb Chip - PiStorm32 lite - CF 128Gb - Indivision MK3 - GOEX Drive - WB 3.2.2.1
AmigaOne X5000 2Ghz / 8Gb Ram - SSD 2x4Tb - Radeon RX 580 4Gb - Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 SBX - AmigaOS4.1 FE
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Amiguy wrote:It seemed to me that the French translation was defective. So I added the os4depot catalog, which did not help. The text seems to be out of sync and AmiUpdate's operation is not the same as on my original disk.
There was a point where AmiUpdate's localization got screwed up. The only safe way to get past that point is to set English as your language and let AmiUpdate update both itself and the catalog to beyond that point (hopefully the French catalog is actually available in such a current version). Then you can switch back to French, after rebooting, of course.
Is it AmiUpdate which installs Updater?
No, Updater is part of the Enhancer package and updates itself. For help on Updater, try on Amiga.org or wherever else the Enhancer package is discussed.

Best regards,

Niels
Minuous

Post by Minuous »

I don't think AmiUpdate is maintained anymore, the site has issues and I asked for my apps to be removed, no reponse...
Petrol
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Petrol »

Ah, ok.
I'll have a look on my computer wich catalogue file I have, because I didn't see any difference in buttons or GUI on my setup, or I modified it (but I do not remember :/). I keep you inform.
Regards,
Petrol
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Minuous wrote:I don't think AmiUpdate is maintained anymore, the site has issues and I asked for my apps to be removed, no reponse...
Whether the program itself is "maintained" or not, I can't comment on.

But as for the site and the daily use of it, I don't see any problems, as long as you make sure you use the amiupdate.codebench.co.uk server address, not amiupdate.net.

I'm getting all my beta updates with it, apart from the third party ones, so if the site didn't work, I'd know.

About removal of your apps: I don't know why you want that, but you should be able to do it yourself with the login you use to maintain your database entries.

Best regards,

Niels
Minuous

Post by Minuous »

nbache wrote:About removal of your apps: I don't know why you want that, but you should be able to do it yourself with the login you use to maintain your database entries.
That doesn't seem to be possible.
Petrol
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Petrol »

Hi,

I checked on my system, and I have the 2.41 version of french catalog installed too, and all seems ok in the GUI.
Where did you put the catalog files?
Please check that there only one french calaog for amiupdate and preference program in your Amiupdate/Catalogs path, or in your Locale:Catalogs.
On my setup they are in the locale path.

Regards,
Petrol
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Minuous wrote:That doesn't seem to be possible.
Hmm, seems you're right. In the database maintenance tool on Rigo's site there seems to be no Delete button at the bottom.

I stand corrected.

Best regards,

Niels