Error 1060 on 4.1 volume

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
icbrkr

Error 1060 on 4.1 volume

Post by icbrkr »

I was downloading files through Odyssey and for whatever reason, it crashed and I had to reboot.

When it came back up, though the partition is mounted, and I can read from it, I cannot write to it - luckily it's not my main boot partition. I get an error "1060". Ideas? Is there a way to fix disk errors?
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Error 1060 on 4.1 volume

Post by tonyw »

Error 1060 is a pretty serious one. You should have "NGFCheck" in your C: drawer, which can check your NGFS partitions for faults and even repair many disk faults for you. There are some docs under Documentation/C/ngfcheck_cmd.doc.

I would suggest you copy everything from that partition to a new, clean partition, then run NGFCheck with the "list" option to list out all the faults it can find. You might then decide whether it's worth while trying to fix them all (only recommended if there are not too many faults) or to format the partition and copy everything back from the backup.
cheers
tony
icbrkr

Re: Error 1060 on 4.1 volume

Post by icbrkr »

Cool deal - I'm running a check right now.

I did manage to back up everything yesterday and was planning on reformatting the partition but this is good to know in the future.

Thanks Tony.