Yam2.9p1 OS4 and gmail

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Shamron

Yam2.9p1 OS4 and gmail

Post by Shamron »

Hi :-)

Anyone else using Yam with gmail?

I finally got it working, and enabled pop for all mail in my gmail settings, then started Yam and started downloading my mail, but it crashes after a short while.

Bah, i know i should probably post this in a Yam support forum, but i got "oops" when trying to enter one, if it's inapropriate to ask this here, please remove this post. :-)
javierdlr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Yam2.9p1 OS4 and gmail

Post by javierdlr »

Shamron wrote:Hi :-)

Anyone else using Yam with gmail?

I finally got it working, and enabled pop for all mail in my gmail settings, then started Yam and started downloading my mail, but it crashes after a short while.

Bah, i know i should probably post this in a Yam support forum, but i got "oops" when trying to enter one, if it's inapropriate to ask this here, please remove this post. :-)

Maybe you can try with YAM2.10dev version http://yam.ch/downloads (http://nightly.yam.ch/). I use it daily with my gmail account and no problems.
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Shamron wrote: Anyone else using Yam with gmail?

I have used YAM 2.7 (both OS 4.1 and 3.x versions) succesfully with gmail. Later stable versions, including 2.9p1, have a SSL issue which prevents downloading messages from gmail POP server. The latest beta works also as Javier already told.

Regards,

Gregor
Shamron

Post by Shamron »

Hi and thanks for replies. :-)

I got it working, but tonight i'm having some weird issues.

First, when i start YAM, and check for mail, it gathers around 280-300 mails each time before it either crashes with a GR, or i press get mail again for another 280-300 mails.

BUT.. Last night i got the "Updates available" window, so i clicked "Download", to install the new MUI mcc-classes. (BUT this reminded me about the MUI update, so i installed that first, then rebooted) but the mail download window just kept looping in connect mode, so i went to githbub webpage instead, using the newest Odyssey.

I middle clicked on the different classes to open each in a new tab, but after opening 3 or so tabs, i got a GR.

I rebooted, and tried again, same result. Next time, i did it the slow way, suspecting the site was heavy or with some code Odyssey didn't like, and i finally got the mcc classes. I installed them, and rebooted. 5 minutes after, I was uploading about 50MB in about 20-25 PDF files to GoogleDrive, when it crashed and i had to reset with the reset button on the X1000. When it rebooted, it crashed at iPrefs in startup-sequence.

I tried to see what files had changed around that time, but i ended up booting from hd1: which is the second partition, that i use as a fallback / emergency solution when my boot partition fails. Lucky i have a habit of often copying the system partition to Storage:OS Disk Backups/ which i had done before installing MUI.

I ended up just copying the backup of my system partition back and reinstalled MUI and the classes, not tried YAM yet.

I am starting to suspect my hard drive or the flimsy sata cable i replaced tonight. Time will show. :-P

I attached some pics of the GR who mentions "Mccprefsdispatcher", "LIB_MUIP_AskMinMax()....", and "GroupDispatcher...".
Attachments
MUI imagespace lowmem? is this a handler, or a warning/status?
MUI imagespace lowmem? is this a handler, or a warning/status?
PopstringDispatcher...?
PopstringDispatcher...?
MccprefsDispatcher... and GroupDispatcher..
MccprefsDispatcher... and GroupDispatcher..