Internet via an USB connected Smartphone

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Scriptjester
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Internet via an USB connected Smartphone

Post by Scriptjester »

I want to connect my X1000 to my smartphone via USB : is it possible to use internet this way with AmigaOS 4.1 ?

If yes, how to configure the connexion ?

If no, it would be a great enhancement !
thomasrapp

Re: Internet via an USB connected Smartphone

Post by thomasrapp »

Smartphone = Android? iOS? Windows?

Are you sure the smartphone offers its internet connection over USB? If I connect my Android phone to a PC, it asks me whether I want it to be a massstorage device or only load the battery. No mentioning of internet sharing.
Scriptjester
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Scriptjester »

It's an android smartphone : there is an option for that kind of internet sharing (easy on PC windows).

For example :
http://www.techverse.net/share-android- ... tethering/
outrun1978

Post by outrun1978 »

my Microsoft Lumia 650 connects with my Amigaone 500....sadly I can only transfer pictures from the phone to the Amiga. It would be nice to transfer music from my amiga to the phone :-)
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

Can't remember the last time I tethered that way. It's not what you asked for, but tethering works quite well using your phone as a Wifi hotspot. You can still charge it from USB. Of course you'll need a Wifi card in the computer but these are relatively cheap and the prism2 drivers work well provided it's a supported chipset.