asl filerequest keyboard input

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Thematic

asl filerequest keyboard input

Post by Thematic »

Concerning asl.library version 53.49:

The file requesters seem alright as long as the directory isn't changed. After you do change it, be it by clicks or typing, the enter and escape keys no longer work. Though 'rcommand k' does work for cancel.

Sure, it's intended for pointing devices but I think this main function should not cease to work without one.
* AmigaOneXE 750FX 512+0 MB RAM, Radeon 9200, sii3112ide, DVDRW ~ AmigaOS 4.1 Final
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: asl filerequest keyboard input

Post by broadblues »

Works fine here
thomasrapp

Post by thomasrapp »

Try to activate the File input field. Keyboard control of the list only works while the cursor is in the file field.
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

For me any action I take in the file / drawers lister reactivates the file gadget except pressing tab which cycles through the pattern, direcory and file gadgets Pressing return in either of the first two those then reactivayes the filegadget and a further return completes the requester.

If this does not work for Thematic, then a precise blow by blow description of how to 'break it' would be useful for creating a bug report.
Thematic

Post by Thematic »

thomasrapp wrote:Try to activate the File input field. Keyboard control of the list only works while the cursor is in the file field.
Well, if I enter a directory into the directory field and press enter, the highlight bar does still move by the cursor keys. Typing more will not do anything, enter will not do anything.

Iow. I cannot activate the file field by keyboard, except by moving the pointer.

The other requesters on asl seem to be fine and do not obfuscate the focal point (what is going on).
* AmigaOneXE 750FX 512+0 MB RAM, Radeon 9200, sii3112ide, DVDRW ~ AmigaOS 4.1 Final
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

Well, if I enter a directory into the directory field and press enter,
Whe I do this immediatly on pressing enter the file gadget activates and takes input. Typing pressing return and arrow keys all work.

Please detail all your actions step by step from the very start (including which program you started from which directories you tried to browse etc.
Thematic

Post by Thematic »

EDIT
broadblues wrote: Please detail all your actions step by step from the very start (including which program you started from which directories you tried to browse etc.
The possibility of user error does raise its head. :?

One example: "multiview" from the current Shell. .shift tab. to the middle inputfield. Directory on a boot time mounted SFS\02 volume entered on keyboard. One .enter. press. And that's about it.

EDIT: Oh wow. I just tried tab without shift (one more keypress, yes) and it works as expected!
And if I do use shift, I apparently can cycle it forwards from the file field to pattern field to directory field and it will work, too (as many keypresses as that will take, two at least).
Last edited by Thematic on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

okay shift tabbing to get to the directory gadget then return does leave all gadgets inactive, so abug there for sure.

Shall report that. Work arround for the moment is to tab forwards rather than backwards....
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

Bug alreday report as 9223 but the reported missed the SHIFT TAB subtletly in their description, hence it remained unconfirmed.
Thematic

Post by Thematic »

Yeah, thanks. When in OP I said "by clicks" I most likely based this on having pressed shift and tab and only then clicking.