Internet Preferences?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
daveyw

Internet Preferences?

Post by daveyw »

Hi all,

I have a feeling I already know the answer to this question, but I'll ask anyway....

Can anyone tell me where Internet preferences are stored? I would like to copy from prefs from my 4.1.6 partition to my 4.1.FE partitition. I'm not looking forward to reinstalling Samba.

I suspect the answer will be "suck it up cupcake, and reinstall Samba", but I'll ask anyway... ;)
Spectre660

Re: Internet Preferences?

Post by Spectre660 »

Devs:NetInterfaces/
and
Devs:Internet/
daveyw wrote:Hi all,

I have a feeling I already know the answer to this question, but I'll ask anyway....

Can anyone tell me where Internet preferences are stored? I would like to copy from prefs from my 4.1.6 partition to my 4.1.FE partitition. I'm not looking forward to reinstalling Samba.

I suspect the answer will be "suck it up cupcake, and reinstall Samba", but I'll ask anyway... ;)
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

I agree with your reticence to reinstall Samba. If it's any help, I have Samba (smbfs) in its own directory on my Progs: disk, where it lives. Whenever I make a new system disk, I simply copy over the contents of the DEVS:Internet/ drawer to the new target disk. With the User-Startup file and my favourite assigns as well, that's all I ever need to copy.
cheers
tony
daveyw

Post by daveyw »

Yeah, first time I installed Samba I did something spectacularly wrong. I couldn't mount my network drive (a USB HDD attached to my modem), and when I fired up OWB there was a tremoundous amount of HD activity on my Amiga, and memory ran out very fast.

Went back the following week, and it all went swimmingly, no problems and the USB drive mounted perfectly.
daveyw

Post by daveyw »

Well, I've copied over Devs/Internet, and everything seems to be fine, I can mount the drive.

However, when I right click on the icon, I get an AmigaDOS requestor, "No disk present in device SMBFS0 Process: 93 "Context Menus". Retry / Cancel".

I click cancel and the context menu comes up fine. Otherwise, the drive works OK.
zzd10h

Post by zzd10h »

See here for the contextmenu problem

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... =30#p31607
http://apps.amistore.net/zTools
X1000 - AmigaOS 4.1.6 / 4.1 FE
daveyw

Post by daveyw »

zzd10h wrote:See here for the contextmenu problem

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... =30#p31607