Updates when?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Niolator

Re: Updates when?

Post by Niolator »

@ All developers:

Don't waste your time with that. Put all your effort into AmigaOS 4.2. ;)
xenic

Post by xenic »

Niolator wrote:@Don't waste your time with that. Put all your effort into AmigaOS 4.2. ;)
So we pile bugs on top of bugs?? Bugfixing is never a waste of time. If OS 4.1FE isn't fixed who will risk buying OS4.2? My response is a huge NO to your suggestion. I don't want to put up with bugs while waiting for the next release.
Last edited by xenic on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
xenic

Post by xenic »

@all
I just got an ASyncWB update but haven't tested it yet. I know you devs & beta testers feel like we're beating you up but that's not the intent. Thanks for the update. I'm sure everyone will feel better knowing that something is being worked on and released.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I forgot that I had the old version of ASyncWB installed and just received another copy of the bugged version. Sigh...
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Amigo1 wrote:I'm on FE and I got one update!!! Something about XAD, can't remember, it installed so quickly, I could barely read it!
That's a third party thing, not an official AmigaOS update. (It was the LhA module for XAD, I assume?)

Best regards,

Niels
Niolator

Post by Niolator »

@xenic: Hey, it was a joke. Didn't you notice the smily? Of course I would like updates too.
natamix

Post by natamix »

xenic wrote:
Niolator wrote:@Don't waste your time with that. Put all your effort into AmigaOS 4.2. ;)
So we pile bugs on top of bugs?? Bugfixing is never a waste of time. If OS 4.1FE isn't fixed who will risk buying OS4.2? My response is a huge NO to your suggestion. I don't want to put up with bugs while waiting for the next release.
It is assumed that these errors are corrected in OS4.2 ;)
xenic

Post by xenic »

natamix wrote:It is assumed that these errors are corrected in OS4.2 ;)
I've been assuming that all current bugs would be fixed in the next release ever since OS4.0 prerelease2 :-) I guess that gives credence to the old addage about ass|u|me.
chris

Post by chris »

nbache wrote:
Amigo1 wrote:I'm on FE and I got one update!!! Something about XAD, can't remember, it installed so quickly, I could barely read it!
That's a third party thing, not an official AmigaOS update. (It was the LhA module for XAD, I assume?)
If it was that's not a recent thing. Some months ago I switched it to always install (rather than "update existing", I think AmiUpdate calls it), because there was a spate of people on forums getting the old LhA extraction problems (and I'd given up waiting for an official recompile of xadmaster with the fixed module). There's no way it should have just popped up, as aside from that it hasn't changed in years.