Calculator bugged in Extended mode

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Calculator bugged in Extended mode

Post by Hypex »

@xenic

Yes it still malfunctioned. But...

@All

I got it! It's the Sticky Menus. The Calculator doesn't like it and gets into some sticky fingers. :-P

I did a test. Loaded up Calculator and pressed RAmiga-1 to get into Extended mode. My CPU meter loaded up.

So went into GUI Prefs ansd disabled the Sticky that really was making Calculator get sticky. ;-) Loaded up another Calculator, went into Extended mode and it was fine! And I could quit it. Unfortunately there was no hope for the first one.

So then I tried re-enabling the Sticky. And ran another Calculator. It too was fine. :-?

So I wonder why a Sticky menu would put the Calculator into a sticky? Hard bug to find? :-)
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

Just to note this bug still appears in Update 3. :-(
Rigo
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Rigo »

I haven't been able to reproduce this on either my Update 3 or beta machines, so I'm not sure there is a "bug" in Calculator at all. Perhaps it's something that is interacting with intuition in some way.

Do you use a custom theme, or some special GUI settings?

I can only suggest going back to a standard install and retesting.

Simon
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

Rigo wrote:Do you use a custom theme, or some special GUI settings?
No just a standard theme and sticky menus enabled. I thought I had established that in an eariler post so don't know what other details I can say. Have you had any contact with Costel 'Cyborg' Mincea? He was the last person I had contact with about 18 months ago. So for me this is an old issue! :!:

I can see at this point I will need to add a testing volume for a clean OS4.1 isstalltion. Both for Calculator and my ongoing USB problems. :-)

Of course now is the time that my OS4.1 Update1 archive has gone missing! :-o