YAM 2.7 doesn't let Ringhio notisfy new emails (SOLVED!)

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
HKvalhe

YAM 2.7 doesn't let Ringhio notisfy new emails (SOLVED!)

Post by HKvalhe »

Haven't thought so much about this situation, but now that an Amiga-friend also experienced the same problem, i thought it would be important to mention that here.

In AmigaOS 4.1 Update 4, YAM 2.7 always let Ringhio notisfy the user when new emails appeared. This doesn't seem to be the case under Update 5, despite the Settings for New Mail has this checkbox for AmigaOS4 Notificaton System TICKED. But having this active doesn't cause any effect. As for me, new emails should be checked for every 10 minutes, but Ringhio never got the message to notisfy me of new emails. Same for this friend of mine.

Instead the user has to click the Get button to check for new mails. Is it possible that YAM yet again has to be updated to be more "compatible" with Update 5? I have also thought about putting the RUN command for YAM in the Network-Startup script, if the situation is that it has problem to allocate the net during startup. I immerdiately thought of that since it has a problem to give Ringhio the message to check for new emails and notisfy the user.

This is most curious. Could the author of YAM look into this problem along with the AmigaOS4 Team? I think we all would be very grateful if this issue was solved. Other than that, YAM works as normal. :)

EDIT: The situation is solved, in a funny way! I just deleted old mails so it was empty, listening to music for 10 minutes, then Ringhio actually DID notisfy me of a new email! I clicked it, and VOILA! Yes, a new mail! :) This information can be helpful for others who might have this problem. :)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio