AmigaOS FE Classic 53.71 copyright question

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
white

AmigaOS FE Classic 53.71 copyright question

Post by white »

I created an installation program to use with winUAE to automate the installation processes with the applications available on osdepot, the installation requires a complete installation using an installation program created with installerGen.
The job consists in creating two partitions "HD0 = AmigaOS" "HD1 = Work"
The installer will install all compatible applications and operating emulating WinUAE with preconfigured scripts with relative paths.
The requirements will be an authentic copy of AmigaOS FE 53.71 classic with your account to download all available updates via AmiUpdate.
And only later can the package be used
The software used are those available on osdepot which are currently downloadable.
My question is this: is it possible to create a package like this without violating any copyright?
Years ago I bought AmigaOS 4.1FE and also AmigaForever
then over time I realized that you have to work hard to make the system fun to use.
I am also aware of the fact that currently support for a graphics card has not been realized and I know the limits of winUAE for PPC support.
But within its limits I made this system fun to use with many tests performed.
I have also read many times about other users who have tried to use this system and have somehow stopped encountering difficulties.
I simply would like to bring this project forward to help us enjoy the use of AmigaOS 4.1 FE Classic.
I also understand that there are experienced people here and certainly we would not need this.
But for those who use winUAE and bought a copy of 4.1FE it would be interesting to have a simplified installation of the system.

Here is the link where you can see some tests performed over time
they are only tests in reality everything works well.
But I haven't updated the tests performed with winUAE for a long time.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZo3ck ... Th5-MkSDPw

here instead a simple installer created for the tests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvClj1q2dgI

Thanks for any advice and other helpful tips.
white

Re: AmigaOS FE Classic 53.71 copyright question

Post by white »

Updated the installation as you can see the OS installation is performed normally.
Later the installation script takes care of adding the drivers for winuae "uaegfx" "ahi128" "internet"
The next installer will take care of updating the multimedia applications and everything that is compatible with winuae in order to have fun.
Without overwriting the original parts of amigaos 4.1FE classic
Every software used is now available on osdepot thanks to the work of many good developers.
Here is the concept of this small project to make use of amigaOS 4.1 FE for those who have purchased a copy and cannot easily configure these applications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6xLShClXhY